Clark Atlanta University
CENG 106WS, College Composition II (WISE)
Game Log Assignment for Civilization IV: AMERICA
Faculty and students associated with WISE history HIS 201WS, U.S., Africa, and the World; and English CENG 106WS courses.
- To gain insight on what distinguishes successful empires from unsuccessful ones in real life history as well as in history as it unfolds in Civilization IV.
- To increase your skill in assembling, organizing, evaluating, and synthesizing the elements needed for analytical writing.
- To expand your critical thinking abilities.
Your objective in this assignment is to WIN playing against your AI rivals during a 30 minute time period. You may win by conquest (elimination of rival civilizations), domination (25 percent more population that your best AI competitor), or you may win a cultural victory (three or more cities with a 50,000 point culture rating). The quality of life in your civilization is revealed by the Information Screen’s demographics.
- From the game menu, select “single player.”
- Choose “Custom Game.”
- Set the following parameters:
Sea Level: Medium
|Leave Standard Settings||
- Launch the game and then immediate pause it using the ESC key.
- Hit ESC again. In the main menu (the one you use to exit the game), select “Options.”
- Select “Other” from the tabs.
- Select “Clock On,” enter 30 “Alarm Mins.” and check the “Alarm On” box.
- Exit, and begin play.
- When the alarm goes off, go to the “Info Screen” (the button on the far right hand corner that looks like a page with a red graph on it) and make screen shots of the following:
- The Graph Screen
- The Demographic screen
- The Top 5 Cities/Wonders screen
- The Statistics screen
With this information, analyze what happened to this civilization under your leadership. White a three page paper, using MLA format.