If you have my Standard WISE class (MWF 9, 12):
Read Frederick Douglass, “Learning How to Read and Write,” Chapter 7 from The Life of Frederick Douglass: An American Slave-http://docsouth.unc.edu/neh/douglass/douglass.html.
If you have my High TechWISE class (MWF 10):
You must turn in the final draft of your first paper by 5 p.m. Friday to:
You must also select three possible pre-Civil War items from the Second Life Museum of the African American Experience, take a snapshot of those three items, save them, and do a bit of research on them before class on Friday.
Guidelines for Turning in your paper:
- Papers must be submitted as a Word 2007 attachment in your e-mail. If the papers are not in Word, I will not grade them and you will not receive credit!
- Papers must include a written section (including at least two CITED sources), and a google map containing at least ten areas mentioned by Olaudah Equiano. You do not need to have pathways, but if you do, I will award extra points.
- Papers must be in standard MLA style and format. Please see page 432 in Blakesley’s book for an example of a properly formatted MLA paper. Do not double-double space between paragraphs, indent the first line of every paragraph .5 inches, use 12 point font in the body of the paper, use in-text citation style, and include a Works Cited page at the end.
- Do not forget to include your name, the time you have my class, the name of the class (English 106WS), and the date the paper is due.
- If you have any questions about turning in your paper, please Skype me (dryaelkassorla), e-mail me (email@example.com), or send me a Second Life IM (Yael Myrtle).